Rwanda deny sending more troops to South Sudan

Share it
Louise Mushikiwabo

Louise Mushikiwabo

Kigali denied claims by some media reports about the deployment of additional Rwandan troops to the war ravaged east African nation.

However, Louise Mushikiwabo , the foreign affairs minister has dismissed the allegations on Tuesday as unfounded.

The minister said that there are no Rwandan troops sent secretly in South Sudan as different Medias has published.

“I have no idea of other soldiers from Rwanda being sent to South Sudan,” she said

“There are procedures before sending troops to another country” she added, however “Rwanda and other African countries are ready to give more soldiers if asked too”  Mushikiwabo said it’s a shame to have such innocent Africans still die in South Sudan; it should be every one’s role to secure their security.

So far, Rwanda maintains 1,650 troops peacekeepers who are part of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS).

 

 

 

 

 

Tags:

 

About the author

More posts by

 

0 Comments

You can be the first one to leave a comment.

Leave a Comment

 




 

 
 

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/wp_ts2em7/rwandaeye.com/wp-content/themes/manifesto/footer.php on line 4

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/wp_ts2em7/rwandaeye.com/wp-content/themes/manifesto/footer.php on line 4

Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /home/wp_ts2em7/rwandaeye.com/wp-content/themes/manifesto/footer.php on line 4